RMUoHP Continuing Education Programs
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions offers specialized continuing education courses throughout the year. For general information, contact us at [email protected].
Lifelong Learning Portal
Explore our new lifelong learning portal at Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions.
- Gain CE credits
- Take both free and paid courses
- Expand your knowledge as a healthcare professional
New courses are being added regularly. Visit learn.rm.edu to get started.
Athletic trainers will be awarded 6 Evidence-Based Practice CEU’s for this course. This online course will provide an evidence-based approach to wound care and advance your knowledge and skills to support quality patient-centered outcomes. The course highlights infection prevention and control, wound assessment, wound treatment (including wound closures). This course is for certified athletic trainers or nurses to advance their clinical skills.
- Improve clinical outcomes by better identifying, treating, and managing injuries for athletes and patients.
- Highlight evidence-based practice for practical application of skin closures.
- Close the learning gap between the previous, current, and future CAATE standards and clinical competencies.
- Receive EBP CEUs at a cost-effective price without leaving home from a BOC Provider.
- Learn from emergency and surgical physician assistants with over 20 years of combined experience.
- Interact and network with professionals from across the country through discussion boards.
- Cancellations received 14 days prior to the event: 90% refund
- Cancellation requests received between 5-13 days prior to the event: 70% refund
- Less than 5 days prior to the event: no refund
- We will offer a full refund for courses if we must cancel
Ethical decision making is prevalent in all we do. Social media can be used to facilitate health care practices and marketing but also presents a “trap” if not careful. Learn how social media practices can influence professional outcomes while learning strategies to prevent ethical dilemmas to professionally maximize impact. The purpose of this program is to address the ethical implications of social media use for health professionals.
The Basic Electroneuromyography Training Program, Class 22, offered by Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions (RMUoHP) is designed to meet the scholarly and clinical needs of the beginning electroneuromyographer. The course is open to chiropractic physicians, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physicians, and physician assistants. The program consists of one 8-hour online course (ENMG 100, Anatomy and Physiology of Nerve and Muscle) followed by two one-week sessions. Session 1 is six days at our Provo, Utah campus. After Session 1 students are given approximately four months to practice techniques before returning to campus for Session 2 which is seven days. Session 1 will be conducted October 11-16, 2020, and Session 2 will be conducted January 24-30, 2021. Students desiring a certificate indicating clinical competence are required to successfully complete an additional one-day certification examination (written and practical) which is offered every 3 to 4 months.
The Annual Electroneuromyographic Symposium is designed specifically for healthcare providers that specialize in electroneuromyography. Invited speakers (researchers and clinicians) are given a forum to present original research, topic reviews and case reports. Either the full article or abstract is published in The Proceedings. The guest speaker is Adam Strohl, MD, a hand and plastic surgeon, at the Philadelphia Hand to Shoulder Center.
Refund Policy if a Student Cancels
1. Cancellation 30 or more days prior to the start date the tuition minus a $50 administration fee will be refunded to the student.
2. Cancellation 29 to 7 days prior to the start date the tuition minus a $100 administration fee will be refunded to the student.
3. Cancellation 6 to 2 days prior to the start date the tuition minus a $150 administration fee will be refunded to the student.
4. Cancellation either the day prior to the start date or any day of the course the tuition minus a $200 administration fee will be refunded to the student.