Are you currently a healthcare instructor or interested in becoming one? If so, earning your Healthcare Professions Education Certificate or taking any of the individual courses within the certificate program will prepare you to teach with confidence. The program will assist you in becoming a “designer” of learning where you will develop an understanding and skill set to create a learning experience for healthcare students. Skill sets you will develop include:
- Understanding your student’s learning preference and designing lessons to meet these learning preferences.
- Developing learning outcomes from a backward-design approach using active engaging learning activities that are meaningful and authentic to the learner.
- Creating course and lesson plans, including online, blended, and face-to-face learning curriculum development based upon a broad focus of a dynamic healthcare and economical society.
- Evaluating and assessing student performance founded upon evidence-based best practices of teaching and learning.
- Learning clinical education techniques and strategies to support both didactic and clinical educational settings.
- Gaining current and innovative technology skills to support teaching and student learning.
Current healthcare professionals (e.g., athletic trainers, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physician assistants, speech pathologists, radiologists, and community health center instructors) who want to instruct future healthcare professionals in higher education and impact the
healthcare world will find the Healthcare Professions Education Certificate instrumental in gaining healthcare education knowledge, strategies, and skills.