The University hosts an Annual Scholarship Symposium. Proceedings from the symposia are available below.
2019 Proceedings 2018 Proceedings 2017 Proceedings
In October 2018 RMUoHP hosted a Symposium entitled Critical Power: Unlocking the Limits of Human Performance. The symposium consisted of eight lectures highlighted with a keynote lecture by Dr. Brett Kirby with Nick Frank from the Nike Research Lab.
Current Sponsored Project: Kinematic analysis of suspect-involved firearm threats toward police officers (sponsor: Force Science Institute)
RECENT RMUoHP Publications1-32
- Ardali G, States RA, Brody LT, Godwin EM. Characteristics of Older Adults Who Are Unable to Perform a Floor Transfer: Considerations for Clinical Decision-Making. Journal of geriatric physical therapy (2001). 2018.
- Barber Foss KD, Le Cara E, McCambridge T, Hinton RY, Kushner A, Myer GD. Epidemiology of Injuries in Women’s Lacrosse: Implications for Sport-, Level-, and Sex-Specific Injury Prevention Strategies. Clinical journal of sport medicine : official journal of the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine. 2018;28(4):406-413.
- de Aguiar RA, Salvator AF, Penteado R, Faraco HC, Pettitt RW, Caputo F. Reliability and validity of the 3-min all-out running test. Rev Bras Cienc Esporte. 2018;40:288-294.
- Dicks ND, Joe TV, Hackney KJ, Pettitt RW. Validity of Critical Velocity Concept for Weighted Sprinting Performance. Int J Exerc Sci. 2018;11(4):900-909.
- Garg H, Dibble LE, Schubert MC, Sibthorp J, Foreman KB, Gappmaier E. Gaze stability, dynamic balance and participation deficits in people with multiple sclerosis at fall-risk. Anatomical record (Hoboken, NJ : 2007). 2018.
- Guo LY, Spencer LJ. Development of Grammatical Accuracy in English-Speaking Children With Cochlear Implants: A Longitudinal Study. Journal of speech, language, and hearing research : JSLHR. 2017;60(4):1062-1075.
- Held Bradford E, Finlayson M, White Gorman A, Wagner J. Maximizing gait and balance: behaviors and decision-making processes of persons with multiple sclerosis and physical therapists. Disability and rehabilitation. 2018;40(9):1014-1025.
- Immonen J, Siefring C. Age- and Occupation-Based Public Health Considerations Related to Osteoarthritis of the Knee Joint: A Cadaveric Study. Cartilage. 2018:1947603517752432.
- Immonen J, Siefring C, Sanders L. Osteoarthritis of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament and Medial Tibial Plateau: A Cadaveric Study. Cartilage. 2017:1947603517713817.
- Kashiwa A, Sweetman MM, Helgeson L. Occupational Therapy and Veteran Suicide: A Call to Action. The American journal of occupational therapy : official publication of the American Occupational Therapy Association. 2017;71(5):7105100010p7105100011-7105100010p7105100016.
- Kicklighter TH, Geisler PR, Barnum M, Heinerichs S, Martin M. Exploration of factors perceived to influence development of clinical reasoning in athletic trainers and students. Ath Train Educ J. 2018;13(2):120-130.
- Knight S, Min DB, Le VT, et al. Implementation of a cardiac PET stress program: comparison of outcomes to the preceding SPECT era. JCI insight. 2018;3(9).
- Kramer M, Clark IE, Jamnick N, Strom C, Pettitt RW. Normative Data for Critical Speed and D’ for High-Level Male Rugby Players. Journal of strength and conditioning research. 2018;32(3):783-789.
- Kramer M, Du Randt R, Watson M, Pettitt RW. Oxygen uptake kinetics and speed-time correlates of modified 3-minute all-out shuttle running in soccer players. PLoS One. 2018;13:e0201389.
- Kramer M, Watson M, Randt RD, Pettitt RW. Critical Speed as a Measure of Aerobic Fitness for Male Rugby Union Players. International journal of sports physiology and performance. 2018:1-23.
- Marik TL, Roll SC. Effectiveness of Occupational Therapy Interventions for Musculoskeletal Shoulder Conditions: A Systematic Review. The American journal of occupational therapy : official publication of the American Occupational Therapy Association. 2017;71(1):7101180020p7101180021-7101180020p7101180011.
- Mitchell UH, Helgeson K, Mintken P. Physiological effects of physical therapy interventions on lumbar intervertebral discs: A systematic review. Physiotherapy theory and practice. 2017;33(9):695-705.
- Mulligan S, Schoen SA, Miller LJ, Valdez AD, Magalhaes D. The sensory processing 3-dimensions scale: initial studies of reliability and item analyses. The Open J of Occupational Ther. 2018 (in press).
- Mulligan S, Schoen SA, Miller LJ, et al. Initiail studies on the validity of the sensory processing 3-dimensions scale. Phys Occupational Ther Ped. 2018:1-13.
- Murray SR, Ledford C, Hartshort DO, et al. An unnecessary broken jaw: a case study justifying mandatory protective headgear for girls’ and women’s lacrosse. Int J Sports Sci Med. 2017;1:031-033.
- Oledzka MM, Kaplan SL, Sweeney JK, Coulter C, Evans-Rogers DL. Interrater and Intrarater Reliability of the Congenital Muscular Torticollis Severity Classification System. Pediatric physical therapy : the official publication of the Section on Pediatrics of the American Physical Therapy Association. 2018;30(3):176-182.
- Pettitt RW, Dicks ND. Applications of the running 3-min all-out exercise test: an update. MOJ Sports Med. 2017;1:00034.
- Pettitt RW, Jamnick NA. Commentary on “Measurement of the maximum oxygen uptake Vo2max: Vo2peak is no longer acceptable”. Journal of applied physiology (Bethesda, Md : 1985). 2017;123(3):696.
- Pettitt RW, Merhoff JB, Mandeville DS, Pettitt CD, Murray SR. Influence of elbow angle on the reliability and validity of bioelectric impedance analysis. J Sports Med Ther. 2017;2:138-144.
- Potteiger K, Pitney WA, Cappaert TA, Wolfe A. Athletic Trainers’ Attitudes and Perceptions of Environmental Sustainability. Journal of athletic training. 2017;52(12):1109-1120.
- Potteiger K, Pitney WA, Cappaert TA, Wolfe A. Examining the Environmental Effects of Athletic Training: Perceptions of Waste and the Use of Green Techniques. Journal of athletic training. 2017;52(12):1121-1130.
- Romero MG, Pitney WA, Brumels K, Mazerolle SM. Role Strain, Part 1: Experiences of Athletic Trainers Employed in the Professional Sports Setting. Journal of athletic training. 2018;53(2):184-189.
- Romero MG, Pitney WA, Mazerolle SM, Brumels K. Role Strain, Part 2: Perceptions Among Athletic Trainers Employed in the Professional Practice Setting. Journal of athletic training. 2018;53(2):190-201.
- Saari A, Dicks ND, Hartman ME, Pettitt RW. Validation of the 3-min all-out exercise test for shuttle running prescription. Journal of strength and conditioning research. 2017.
- Spencer LJ, Marschark M, Machmer E, Durkin A, Borgna G, Convertino C. Communication skills of deaf and hard-of-hearing college students: Objective measures and self-assessment. Journal of Communication Disorders. 2018;75:13-24.
- Strom CJ, Pettitt RW, Krynski LM, Jamnick NA, Hein CJ, Pettitt CD. Validity of a customized submaximal treadmill protocol for determining VO2max. European journal of applied physiology. 2018.
- Teyhen DS, Goffar SL, Shaffer SW, et al. Incidence of Musculoskeletal Injury in US Army Unit Types: A Prospective Cohort Study. The Journal of orthopaedic and sports physical therapy. 2018:1-24.