Close this search box.

Campus Safety and Information

Advancing Knowledge, Advancing Healthcare

Campus Tour

Campus Map

On-site Resource Center

The University Learning Resource Center is available during business hours. The Learning Resource Center has workstations as well as wireless internet and printing capability for students.

Parking and Public Transportation

The University provides free parking for students, faculty, staff, and administration.

The campus is conveniently located near a major freeway (I-15) and is accessible by public transportation. The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) provides bus and rail service to the area. Schedules may be obtained by calling 801.RIDE.UTA or by visiting the UTA website. Student bus and rail passes are also available for purchase here.

Additionally, free transportation may be available from hotels in which post-professional students stay during their on-campus modules. Students should confirm shuttle availability with their hotel.

Assistance for Students with Disabilities

The University complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 by assisting with special access to the University and its premises. Students who need special assistance should contact Student Affairs at to determine and clarify what needs may be accommodated and how to obtain those accommodations.

Campus Safety, Continuity, and Risk Management

The University complies with the Safe and Drug-Free School and Communities Act and the policy can be found in our University Handbook. Annually, RMU reports crime and arrest statistics, as required by the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 and the Clery Act in the  Annual Campus Safety and Security Report. Additionally, the University provides detailed Employee and Student Risk Management Handbooks.

Medical Emergencies

In case of emergency, a student should immediately dial 911 and report the emergency to a University employee. In all buildings, for minor incidents or major cardiac emergencies, the university has a first kit and an automated external defibrillator available. While on campus, any student, employee, or guest of the University that requires emergency medical attention may have the required care summoned from local resources at the discretion of the employee(s). Students assume responsibility for their healthcare and the financial responsibility for any required medical, dental, or mental health assistance. Therefore, in non-emergency situations, students are encouraged to seek healthcare providers covered via his or her insurance policy. In all cases, involved students must complete an Incident Form available from the University’s Safety Officer.

The University is conveniently located by a regional hospital (Utah Valley Hospital) that provides comprehensive services. The University provides a listing of additional medical, dental, and mental health resources on the Student Affairs link of the University website. While the listings represent a portion of facilities within reasonable proximity to the University and its students, the listings do not indicate the University’s recommendation for any particular facility or provider. Students are both responsible for selecting quality healthcare providers and, as previously stated, paying all costs associated with his or her healthcare. To ensure insurance coverage, a student should first contact his or her insurance company for a list of covered facilities and receive care at an appropriate facility.

For assistance with non-emergency healthcare-related questions, students may contact Student Affairs at or 801.375.5125.

For additional information on emergency plans and services, students may also reference the University’s Student Risk Management Handbook or Annual Campus Safety and Crime Report, available through the Vice President of Administration.

Drug and Tobacco-Free Environment

The University is committed to the promotion of healthy behaviors. Therefore, tobacco and illegal drug use in any form are not permitted inside any University building.

Alcoholic Beverages

Alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere on the University campus, including the grounds and parking lots. Alcohol use is also not permitted by students or faculty while attending class-related activities associated with RMU (i.e., clinical settings, research data collection, etc.).