Request Academic Accommodations for Disability
1. Has a disability that substantially limits learning, including, but not limited to, physical and affective conditions as interpreted by current law;
2. Has a documented record of such disability or is perceived by others as having a disability; and
3. Can satisfy the functional skills, experience, knowledge, and other requirements of their program and, can perform the essential functions required of their profession, with or without accommodation.
If a qualified individual with a disability believes their disability will interfere with the ability to complete an academic program at RMUoHP successfully, reasonable accommodation may be requested. It is the responsibility of the student to request an appropriate accommodation.
1. A voluntary disclosure of disability (which can be a single sentence) requesting reasonable accommodations;
2. A narrative about the nature of the disability; this is your opportunity to explain how your disability affects you personally, professionally, and as a student, and how it interferes with your learning in a personal way;
3. Specific accommodation requests, written as SMART goals (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-related) if possible. As an example, instead of requesting “more time for tests”, clarify specifically, such as “time and a half for all written and computerized quizzes and examinations”.
4. Documentation confirming the diagnosis of disability from an objective professional qualified in the diagnoses of such condition/disability. This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the Committee on Inclusiveness. All documentation submitted must be no older than five years.